Lightened Chocolate Desserts
You don’t have to stay away from chocolate when you’re on a diet. Cookinglight.com listed 20 mouth watering chocolate recipes that are more health conscious. Now, who doesn’t like chocolate? Below is one of our favorite recipes for individual chocolate soufflés, 152 calories each.
- Cooking spray
- 4 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dutch process cocoa
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven 350º
- Grab two ramekins (6-ounce) and coat them with cooking spray and sprinkle each ramekin with 3/4 teaspoon granulated sugar.
- Mix 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, flour, cocoa, and milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook 2 minutes while stirring until smooth. Spoon chocolate mixture into a medium bowl and then cool 4 minutes. Next, stir in vanilla.
- Place egg white in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form (do not overbeat).
- Gently stir 1/4 of egg white mixture into chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared dishes.
- Sharply tap dishes 2 or 3 times to level.
- Place dishes on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until puffy and set.
- Sprinkle each soufflé with 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
Click here for the nutrition information for this recipe!
Click here for the other lightened chocolate recipes!
Recipe courtesy of cookinglight.com
Image by: Randy Mayor
- Professional Medical