Baked Salmon with Southeast Asian Marinade
In honor of Heart Association month, we found that delicious and healthy recipe from mayoclinic.com for baked salmon. Not only is this great for your heart, it would please your mouth buds as well!
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 salmon fillets, each 4 ounces
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup diced fresh fruit, such as pineapple, mango and papaya
- In a small bowl, add the pineapple juice, garlic, soy sauce and ginger. Stir to mix evenly.
- Arrange the salmon fillets in a small baking dish. Pour the pineapple juice mixture over the top. Put in the refrigerator and marinate for 1 hour. Turn the salmon periodically as needed.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly coat 2 squares of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Place the marinated salmon fillets on the aluminum foil. Drizzle each with 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil. Sprinkle with pepper and top each with 1/2 cup diced fruit.
- Wrap the foil around the salmon, folding the edges down to seal. Bake until the fish is opaque throughout when tested with the tip of a knife, about 10 minutes on each side. Transfer the salmon to warmed individual plates and serve immediately.
What other recipes do you have?
Click here for the original recipe and nutrition info—courtesy of http://www.mayoclinic.com
- Professional Medical