Mississippi Spiced Pecans
Spiced pecans are usually given out as treats for the holidays. Not only are they delicious snack, they are healthy too! They are packed with anti-oxidants and could reduce heart disease by lowering cholesterol.
Here is a simple recipe by eatingwell.com that is full of flavor and spice.
Total time: 20 mins.
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon piment d’Espelette, (see Tip) or a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread pecans on a large baking sheet. Roast until fragrant, about 12 minutes. Watch carefully so they don’t burn.
- Combine brown sugar, salt, thyme, rosemary, pepper and piment d’Espelette (or cayenne) in a small bowl. Transfer the roasted pecans to a large bowl, drizzle with oil and toss well to coat completely. Sprinkle with the spice mixture and toss again. Serve warm or let cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Click here for original recipe and nutrition info-courtesy of eatingwell.com
What do you think of this recipe? What are some other pecan recipes?
- Professional Medical