Curried Carrot Soup
Soup is often a great choice to make during the winter season. Eatingwell.com showed us a delicious healthy curried carrot soup recipe that will definitely warm you up this season.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 8 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 medium stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cook oil and curry powder in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in carrots, celery and onion; toss to coat in oil. Cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are very tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; let stand 10 minutes. Lay a paper towel over the surface of the soup to blot away the oil that has risen to the top. Discard the paper towel.
- Working in batches of no more than 2 cups at a time, transfer the soup to a blender and puree (use caution when pureeing hot liquids). Return the pureed soup to the pan, place over medium heat and heat through. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
What other soup recipes would you recommend?
Click here for the original recipe including tips and nutrition—courtesy of eatingwell.com
- Professional Medical