Cookies ‘n’ Cream Crunch (perfect for diabetics)
This dessert is great for those who have a sweet tooth, but diabetic. There is no sugar added in this dessert. This recipe was found on health.com
- 1 (6 1/2-ounce) package sugar-free chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 1 quart vanilla no-sugar-added, fat-free ice cream, softened
1. Combine first 3 ingredients; reserve 1 cup mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture firmly in bottom of a 9-inch square pan. Freeze 10 minutes.
2. Spread ice cream over crumb mixture in pan. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over ice cream; gently press mixture into ice cream. Cover and freeze at least 8 hours.
3. To serve, let stand at room temperature 5 minutes; cut into 9 squares.
- Professional Medical