Raspberry-Rhubarb Pie Recipe
Refrigerated pie dough makes preparing this tasty dessert a snap. Cornstarch and tapioca ensure a velvety filling by thickening the fruit juices.
12 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
2 tablespoons uncooked quick-cooking tapioca
4 1/2 cups fresh raspberries (about 24 ounces)
3 1/2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb (about 6 stalks)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 tablespoons crème de cassis (black currant–flavored liqueur)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sliced almonds
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Place tapioca in a spice or coffee grinder; process until finely ground. Combine tapioca, raspberries, and next 5 ingredients (through 1/8 teaspoon salt) in a bowl; toss well. Let raspberry mixture stand 10 minutes; stir to combine.
3. Roll 1 (9-inch) dough portion into an 11-inch circle. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray, draping excess dough over edges. Spoon raspberry mixture and any remaining liquid into dough. Fold edges under; flute. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
4. While pie bakes, place flour and remaining ingredients in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Increase the oven temperature to 375°.
6. Sprinkle topping evenly over pie. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is thick and bubbly. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Fat:7.9g (sat 3g,mono 3.4g,poly 0.5g)
For More Summer Recipes Click Here.
Source: My Recipes
- Tags: Uncategorized
- Professional Medical