Have a Healthy Cinco de Mayo
Celebrate this Cinco de Mayo with a dish that is both healthy and great for parties. Guacamole de Frutas is a guacamole dip that gets a boost with four kinds of vitamins and minerals in this fruit enhanced recipe.
- 2 Haas avocados
- 1⁄2 t fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄2 mango, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 yellow peach, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 habanero pepper, seeds removed, minced
- 1 t slivered basil
- 2 T pomegranate seeds
- Using a small knife, cut each avocado in half and remove the pit. Cut the flesh of each avocado lengthwise 4 times, then crosswise 4 times to form small cubes. Scoop cubes into a medium mixing bowl and mash with a fork until chunky.
- Stir in the next 7 ingredients and 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds; season with salt. Garnish with remaining pomegranate seeds and serve immediately with warm corn tortillas or chips.
Recipe Courtesy of Shape Magazine
- Tags: Uncategorized
- Professional Medical